Have we told you how much we love baby number two? Don’t get us wrong, the first baby is so incredibly special in every way and we adore watching families welcome their first newborn baby. But there is something so sweet for us as photographers to have the opportunity to meet a family’s second baby. Maybe it’s us being selfish, not wanting to have to say goodbye to the family that we fell in love with the first time around, or maybe it’s because one of the most amazing things in the world is recognizing how different, beautiful and wonderful two siblings can be. Whatever the reason, when news of baby Branson’s arrival hit the studio, we were thrilled to know that we’d be seeing this sweet family of four once again!
Today, to celebrate Branson’s arrival and his big sister Taylin, we’d like to take the opportunity to share why we think siblings are so special (just a few of the reasons anyway):
- You have a built-in role model to look to and trust during life’s most difficult challenges.
- Laughter! There’s nothing like two times the laughter when dad tells a funny joke.
- Your sibling is usually the first one to tell you the god’s honest truth. And that’s a good thing.
- Hand-me-downs! Whether it’s toys or clothing, you might complain a bit, but deep down inside, it’s nice to have twice as many options.
- Once you’ve met your sibling, you can’t imagine life without them.
We wish baby Branson and big sister Taylin many years of happiness, support and laughter! And we hope mom and dad have a ton of fun helping them both learn, grow and love.
Why do you think siblings are so special? Share with us in the comments! We’d love to hear from you.